Baviaanskloof or Valley of the baboons is a deep twisting ravine walled between parallel east-west mountain ranges, the Baviaans and the Kouga. Known for the richness of their endemic plant species, its interesting cultural heritage and its abundance of bird and animal life.
• Poortjie Private Nature Reserve cheese tasting when you meet the farmer
• Exploring the village of Willowmore
• Spectacular rock formations into Baviaanskloof
• Vero’s Restaurant for roosterkoek and coffee
• Sewefontein, in a wild fig tree forest
• An eco-tour with Piet Kruger of Zandvlakte to learn about the Spekboom and Leopard project
• Wilderness Mega Reserve