Baviaanskloof or Valley of the Baboons is a deep, twisting ravine walled between parallel east-west mountain ranges, the Baviaans and the Kouga.
The area is known for its wealth of endemic plant species, such as Spekboom (Portulacaria Afra) and Aloe Speciosa, its interesting cultural heritage and its abundance of bird and animal life.
This walk was designed for the social walker. It includes ALL the Eco experiences that the areas unique beauty has to offer. It is a journey of discovery! Explore the last wilderness area of Southern Africa to learn how the community takes part in sustainable Eco Tourism and benefits from projects to conserve this Mega-Reserve.
• Walking amongst Giraffe and Wildebeest in Poortjie private nature reserve
• The village of Willowmore
• Makkedaat Caves
• Veros Restaurant, and breakfast with the locals
• Damsedrif, where we stay in old farmhouses
• Sewefontein Figtree Forest
• Babes se winkel
• Zandvlakte and joining Piet Kruger on an Eco Tour
• Learning about the Spekboom and Leopard projects.