Baviaanskloof or Valley of the baboons, is a deep twisting ravine walled between parallel east-west mountain ranges, the Baviaans and the Kouga. The Baviaans area encompasses the Karoo towns of Willowmore and Steytlerville, in the north. It is known for the richness of their endemic plant species, interesting cultural heritage and abundance of bird and animal life. Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Baviaanskloof.
• Poortjie Private Nature Reserve cheese tasting when you meet the farmer
• Exploring the village of Willowmore.
• Spectacular rock formations into Baviaanskloof
• Vero’s Restaurant for roosterkoek and coffee
• Sewefontein, in a wild fig tree forest
• An eco-tour with Piet Kruger (local farmer) to learn about the Spekboom and Leopard project
• Wilderness Mega Reserve
• Cycle back to Zandvlakte down beautiful mountain passes, through a thick forest and over low water bridges. Buffalo, Rhino and other game may be spotted
Customized get-away rides on request.